Books & Resources
Making Curriculum Matter: How to Build SEL, Equity, and Other Priorities into Daily Instruction
A curriculum that matters is one that is intentionally designed to address five valued outcomes of learning in ways that are unique and reflective of the community it serves.
Ensuring a High-Quality Curriculum: How to Design, Revise or Adopt Curriculum Aligned to Student Success
A high-quality curriculum incorporates key attributes into its design to ensure all students engage in meaningful learning experiences.
- RECENTLY PUBLISHED: Creating a Culture of Learning Edutopia (October 5, 2021)
- Selecting Instructional Strategies That Students Can Master Edutopia (April 14, 2021)
- 3 Steps for Developing an Asset-Based Approach to Teaching Edutopia (October 22, 2020)
- Curriculum Trend: 4 Ways to Become More Competency Based eSchool News: Innovations in Educational Transformation (October 26, 2017)
- First Steps to Success: thoughtful Selection of Informational Text ASCD Express 8:29 (November 7, 2013)
- Keeping the Destination in Mind Educational Leadership 70.1
Conversations about Quality is a new podcast featuring three passionate educators committed to passing along lessons they’ve learned as professional learning facilitators. Each episode focuses on quality related to a particular practice or aspect of learning, teaching or learning. Angela facilitates these sessions with Diane Cunningham, a professional learning facilitator committed to fostering reflective practice and Jennifer Borgioli Binis, a freelance editor and researcher who supports education authors.
- Episode 1: A Conversation About Managing Quality Feedback
- Episode 2: A Conversation about Quality Reflection
BAM Radio: Smarter Curriculum Design: What Works, What Doesn’t with Chaunite Garrett
LCI Ensuring High-Quality Curriculum Conference
Brookville, NY 2017, 2018, 2019
ASCD Conference on Educational Leadership
- Curriculum that Matters, Nashville, TN 2018
- Ensuring Quality Curriculum, Orlando, FL 2017
ASCD Annual Conference
- Assessing the Critical Thinking Demands of Web 2.0 Tools, Philadelphia, PA Conference 2011
- Multiple Measures for Grading and Reporting Purposes, San Antonio, TX Conference 2010
- Reflection: Pause and Think About Learning, Orlando, FL 2009
- Beyond Tests to Multiple Measures of Student Performance, Anaheim CA 2007
Read The Blog
Angela shares her thoughts on curriculum, instruction, assessment and
professional development in her blog posts.